Custom Auto Glass
G-Fam Customs specializes in designing and manufacturing a variety of tempered glass products including custom windows for one-of-a-kind show cars, chop top, limousine, and prototype vehicles. We make custom curved glass! DOT Approved!
- We can make curved or flat Tempered/Safety Glass to your specs!
- Minimal engineering & tooling costs
- Capability of small sizes up to 63” x 48” large
- Production of one piece to as many as you want
- Wide selection of glass colors and tint transparencies
- Computer operated cutting, grinding, and drilling processes
- Silk screening of opaque artwork and conductive heat/ant. grids
- Bending of glass into cylindrical, compound, and complex shapes
- Tempering process that meets all DOT Certification requirements
- Application of hardware including soldering of electrical connectors
Prices for Custom Tempered/Safety Glass starts at around $2000 ($1,500 tooling charge + $500 glass). Please use the contact form or call us at 347.670.4326. Located in Jamaica Queens NY but we ship worldwide. The actual prices will depend on many characteristics of the part. I would have to know exactly what we’re making before I can give you a formal quote.
Although we are capable of producing most all tempered glass found in vehicles these days, we do have size and bend limitations:
Flat or Cylindrically Bent Glass (side glass)
- Radius = 40″ minimum
- Size = 96″w x 60″h (bend is along the 60″)
Complex (Sag) Bent Glass (super custom rear windows or glass roofs. The pricing for complex bent glass is much higher than side glass.)
- Bend must be able to fall into form (no press bending)
- Size = 64.5″ x 41.0″ OR 76.5″ x 27.0″
4 Custom pieces of side curved glass…. for a 4 door car or 2 door car with rear windows…
It will be $2,200 per matched set* of cylindrically bent and tempered custom glass, so $4,400 (plus $125 shipping) for all four pieces.
*Matched set means that we will digitize one side and mirror the data to make the other side (1 right side and 1 left side that are mirror images of each other). If it is not a matched set and we must digitize each side separately, then the cost will almost double.
Of that $2200, $1,500 is a one-time tooling charge and $700 is the manufacturing of the glass, If you want higher quantities than 1 set, the price per part will go down dramatically… The price plateaus at 40 sets, so the price will not go down with more than 40 sets ordered.
- $1,500 is a one-time tooling charge
- $700 is for the manufacturing ($350 per side set).
- 2 matched sets = ~$1,000 manufacturing ($250 per side)
- 5 matched sets = ~$1,200 manufacturing ($120 per side)
- 10 matched sets = ~ $1,500 manufacturing ($75 per side)
- 20 matched sets = ~ $2,000 manufacturing ($50 per side)
- 40 matched sets = ~$3,200 manufacturing ($40 per side)
At minimum, we will require flat templates with the exact size of the front and rear glass as well as one front door glass in order to get the radius and centerline of bend.
Payment in full must be received prior to starting the project. Standard lead time for cylindrically bent glass is currently 5 weeks from the time we start the project until the time we ship the parts.
The actual prices will depend on many characteristics of the part. I would have to know exactly what we’re making before I can give you a formal quote. Prices for Custom Tempered/Safety Glass starts at around $2000 ($1,500 tooling charge + $500 glass). Please use the contact form or call us at 347.670.4326. We ship worldwide. The actual prices will depend on many characteristics of the part.